Week 4 of the NFL season is going to begin with a huge rivalry game in the NFC North Division as the Detroit Lions visit the Green Bay Packers on Thursday Night Football. This will be an interesting game if you are planning to make NFL picks because it’s hard to figure out the teams in the NFC North.
Detroit remains the favorite to win the division this season, but the Packers are starting to close the gap. Both teams have started off their seasons by winning two of the first three games, but that has been done in very different ways. Here is a look at some of the Lions vs Packers odds to focus on and a brief introduction to each of the teams in this matchup.
Top Sportsbooks to Bet on NFL
Overall Game Info & Outlook
- Detroit Lions vs Green Bay Packers
- Both the Lions and Packers have gone 2-1 to begin the season, and each team picked up a win in Week 3. Detroit is 1-0 so far on the road, while the Packers have gone 1-0 on their home field.
- This game will be played at historic Lambeau Field, and you can expect another sellout for the Packers. Knowing the location is important if you want to know how to bet on NFL games.
- Kickoff is set for 8:15 PM EST on Thursday, September 28th, and the game can be streamed on Prime Video.
Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Betting Preview
The Detroit Lions have typically been at the bottom of the NFL standings in recent years, but this team looks like it can contend. Detroit missed the playoffs by just one game a season ago, and they entered the year as betting favorites to win the NFC North Division.
The Lions got their season started off in a big way as they went to Kansas City and upset the Chiefs in a thrilling game.
- The Detroit Lions have covered the spread two times so far this season, and both of those have resulted in outright wins.
- The under has been the right bet to make in two of the three games for the Lions up to this point.
- Detroit is back on the road for just the first time since Week 1, and they picked up a win in Kansas City in that game.
Detroit comes into this game averaging 384 yards per game this season, and they are having a big year through the air. Quarterback Jared Goff has thrown for 819 yards and five touchdowns this season, and he is going to be a big key to winning this game.
The Lions want to try to win games with their defense, and that unit is allowing just 72 rushing yards per game. Detroit is going to have to play better in the secondary in this game, and that’s going to be a challenge.
Look for Detroit to try to establish the defense early in this game, as they will try to get some early pressure on Jordan Love.
Green Bay Packers Preview
The Green Bay Packers have dominated the NFC North Division over the past decade, but they were not a playoff team a season ago. Green Bay has gotten off to a good start this season, but there is work that needs to be done.
- The Packers have gone 2-1 ATS this season, covering in both of their wins.
- The over has been the correct wager in two of the three games featuring the Packers this season.
- Green Bay is 1-0 at Lambeau Field in 2023, and they have historically been tough to beat at home.
Looking at the NFL stats, quarterback Jordan Love has thrown for 655 yards and seven touchdowns this season, and he looks like the next superstar in Green Bay. Running back AJ Dillon has 39 carries for just 107 yards this season, and the Packers need to find a way to get Aaron Jones healthy again.
This game seems to come at the perfect time on the NFL schedule for the Green Bay Packers, as they are coming into this with some momentum. Green Bay struggled to beat the Lions a year ago, and they might have a tough time moving the football in this game.
If the Packers are going to win this game, then you should expect them to try and hit on some big plays early in this game. Jordan Love is going to have to continue to play well to give this team a chance, but it’s not going to be easy.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
The NFL odds for this game are tight, but it’s actually the Detroit Lions that are the betting favorites on the road in this matchup. These odds can always change before the action kicks off on Thursday Night Football.
BetNow: Detroit Lions -1.5
BetOnline: Detroit Lions -1.5
BetUS: Detroit Lions -1.5
Bovada: Detroit Lions -1.5
MyBookie: Detroit Lions -1.5
Detroit Lions at Green Bay Packers Odds & Picks
Odds for this Matchup:
Here is a look at additional Lions vs Packers odds when betting on the NFL at BetUS Sportsbook:
|Detroit Lions -1 ½ (-110)
|Over 45 (-110)
|Green Bay Packers +1 ½ (-110)
|Under 45 (-110)
Recommended Pick: Detroit Lions -1.5
Neither the Lions nor the Packers have good Super Bowl odds for the 2023 NFL season, but they are both in the mix to win the division. Green Bay is going to get a nice boost by playing this game at Lambeau Field, but they are a team with some flaws.
This is a game that’s going to come down to the wire, but there is one way to go with this pick.
When looking at the Lions vs Packers odds, it seems like taking the Detroit Lions at -1.5 to win this game on the road is the right bet to make on Thursday Night Football.
- Pick: Detroit Lions -1.5 Spread