Bovada is a long-standing betting platform that has a strong reputation, offers timely payouts, excellent customer support, and quality customer-centric service.
- Unparalleled Customer Support
- Prompt Payments
- Favorable Outcomes
- Industry Longevity
- Considerable Credit Card Charge
- Bulls' eye at the Back
Top Offshore Sportsbook to Bet Online
A Comprehensive Guide to Bovada
Learn everything you need to know about Bovada.lv through our review and see if it’s the right Offshore sportsbook for your needs.
Gambling sites are growing in popularity each year. This follows an increasing number of people being interested in casual betting. It comes as no surprise that the internet has increased the convenience and safety of participating in gambling exponentially.
Of course, the industry’s popularity opens too many options for you to choose from. From sites that offer amazing bonuses to attract your attention to those that market their reputation to do so, making a decision can be tricky.
Naturally, you want what’s best for you, but you might be feeling overwhelmed if you’re a novice to the field. Fortunately, we’re here to help. We understand the need to have every aspect of your potential choices explained, especially where money is involved.
This is why we routinely compile helpful guides to review all major sportsbooks’ various pros and cons. By reading through our reviews, you will hopefully be able to move forward with your decision with complete confidence.
Today our efforts will be directed towards producing a Bovada review that includes a comprehensive Bovada sportsbook review. By the end of it you should know everything from the range of Bovada bonuses to how to bet on Bovada.
What is Bovada?
For those who have been industry regulars for a while, the name Bovada is probably inextricably linked to Bodog and its affiliates. For those of you who do not know, Bovada was originally Bodog in the United States and Canada.
You don’t often hear of offshore gambling sites originating in these regions, and Bodog’s history demonstrates why. Founded in 1994, Bodog rose to popularity when the United States Internet Gambling Act was passed in 2006. The reason for this popularity was the disappearing competition. Many gambling sites felt that operating in the US was risky and left as a result.
Bodog decided to stick around, and being one of the few players still left in the game became the most popular gambling site in the region. Eventually, the company’s founder decided to focus his efforts elsewhere and sold the American division to another company.
With Bodog now focused on Europe and other emerging markets, the future looked bright. In 2011 when once again the gambling industry in the US was under legal scrutiny. Having survived the turmoil once again, Bodog did not wish to press their luck any further and entirely decided to divorce itself from the US market. This resulted in Bovada – a brand that serves US gamblers and bettors from overseas.
This history has been included in our Bovada review to demonstrate why Bovada has become one of the most respected names in the online gambling industry. Let us now turn our attention to the Bovada sportsbook and what we like and dislike about it.
Expert Bovada Sportsbook Review
Any sportsbook will have its pros and cons, and you must familiarize yourself with both. This is so you can weigh all the information before making a decision. As is standard in our reviews, first, we’ll list down the things that we like about the Bovada sportsbook.
We’ll then follow this up with things we disliked for balance. We have always tried to maintain the highest degree of objectivity possible in our Bovada sportsbook review.
What We Like
Here are some positives that stand out for us:
- Unparalleled Customer Support: We’ll go over this in more detail later as well, but we could not have moved forward without mentioning the exceptional support that Bovada provides. The sportsbook is one of the few that puts the customers’ after-sales experience as its highest priority. This means that any and all complaints or queries are addressed promptly. Where you’d have to wait at least a day for most sportsbooks to get a response from customer service, Bovada’s representatives often get back to you within minutes or a few hours at the most. This response time is truly legendary.
- Prompt Payments: Another department that Bovada excels in is, seemingly exclusively. Most sportsbooks are quick to take money from you but deliberate for more time than is necessary when making payouts. Not Bovada, though. It is well known among experienced gamblers and bettors that Bovada has some of the fastest payout times out there.
- Favorable Outcomes: If you’re researching gambling sites and online sportsbooks, you’ll know that occasionally customers get accused of cheating or committing some kind of fraud. Even when the matter doesn’t involve cheating, every time there is a conflict, most sportsbooks operate on a principle of self-preservation. Bovada, on the other hand, is far more judicious. When a conflict arises, the sportsbook has shown its willingness to favor the customer.
- Industry Longevity: It goes without saying that longevity is the key reason Bovada is so respected in the industry. We shared the context in which this company operated throughout the years, and it takes a lot of integrity to come out of those challenges unscathed. You don’t survive in the US betting market, especially post-2006, without being a legitimate operator. This means that Bovada has rightfully earned the trust of millions of users everywhere. So, if something were to happen, you can rest easy knowing that Bovada won’t cheat you out of your money.
What We Dislike
Now for the balance that we promised our Bovada sportsbook review would provide. Here are a few things we dislike about the sportsbook:
- Bulls’ eye at the Back: Look, we know we praised them for having been able to navigate the legal situation in the US gambling market. The truth is that just because they’ve been able to dodge federal action so far doesn’t necessarily mean that they always will. Any gambling site that services a US-based audience will always run the risk of earning the government’s displeasure. Now imagine if you’ve been around for almost three decades. Naturally, your name must come up more than others. This means that Bovada users can never be sure when the government will finally have had enough and move to shut them down.
- Considerable Credit Card Charge: The most frustrating thing for us was the almost 6% deposit fee charged on credit card payments. This applies to every single payment. That’s not only unheard of but also quite high irrespective of whether it should exist or not. The welcome bonus makes up for it slightly when you’re signing up, but all subsequent payments will face this charge. Since most customers will want to use credit cards, this seems like a big negative for Bovada.
Bovada Sports Betting Options
You can bet on several sports at Bovada; it offers one of the most comprehensive sports betting lists on the market. That means that it appeals to both mainstream users who want to bet only on major sports as well as those who have more niche interests. In any case, we think that you will be satisfied with Bovada’s offering of sports.
These are the sports that you can bet on at Bovada:
- Gaelic Games
- Motor Sports
- Horse Racing
- Aussie Rules
This list is by no means exhaustive, with several options having been left out. The point of listing down these sports is to prove the variety that exists at Bovada. You have mainstream options like basketball and football but also lots of niche interests like curling, Aussie rules, futsal, and darts.
All in all their offering is expansive enough to meet almost any sports bettors need in one place, meaning that you won’t have to look elsewhere.
Expert Bovada Sportsbook Review Summary
Here’s the Cliffs Notes version of everything we’ve just said in our Bovada review. Bovada is a long-standing betting platform that has a strong reputation, offers timely payouts, excellent customer support, and quality customer-centric service. The manner in which these things are delivered makes up for the negatives that we’ve mentioned in our opinion. Though that doesn’t mean that they can rest on their laurels, the high credit card charges and different lines for different players are aspects that they need to improve.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options at Bovada
Having discussed the technical aspects of the sportsbook, let’s now discuss the financial aspects. Specifically, we want to detail the variety of deposit and withdrawal options that you have at Bovada. A lot of sites offer a large variety of options to withdraw and deposit money into their accounts. These options are meant to maximize customer convenience, and with the strong praise we’ve provided for their customer-centric approach in our Bovada review so far. Nevertheless, let’s see what the options are.
Deposit Methods at Bovada
Bovada only offers 4 methods to deposit money into your online account with the platform. This is significantly lower than other sportsbooks, as we’ve already mentioned. The options are Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash, VISA, and Mastercard.
As with other platforms, our recommendation is to always use bitcoin. This is because it is favorable for both you and the sportsbook. You get fast deposit speeds with no extra charges attached. The sportsbook receives a decentralized currency that is free from the bureaucratic red-tape that slows down financial operations. A win-win, like we said.
Credit cards are a popular option and may be more convenient for you, but we would highly advise against their use in this instance. This is due to the previously highlighted 5.9% fee that accompanies all transactions on your card.
Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
Withdrawal Options at Bovada
We’ve already spoken about this earlier in our Bovada sportsbook review but felt the need to reiterate it here as well. Bovada is an industry leader in payout speeds. Its dominance in this area puts every other sportsbook to shame. As a customer, this trumps any bonuses and promotions that other sportsbooks may offer. This is because cash in hand now is always better than cash in hand later.
Coming to withdrawal options, the story is the same as with deposits. Not a lot of variety, but there is some innovation at least with the newly introduced voucher system. Via the voucher system, players can exchange currency among themselves.
All in all, the payout options include Bitcoin and Bitcoin cash, check by courier, and Vouchers. As we’ve already said, bitcoin cannot be recommended enough due to its speed and security. Checks normally take up to 7 days to clear, so the downside there is obvious.
Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash
Maximum: No maximum, but has to be divided into single payments of $9500.
Payout Times at Bovada
We’ve mentioned this several times whenever we review a sportsbook – the cited payout times and actual payout times vary greatly. Most sportsbooks say that payouts shouldn’t take more than 24-48 hours. However, practically this is never the case.
In our experience with Bovada, it is one of the better performers. Payout times are rather quick, and the 24-48 hour mark is not misleading at all. However, we must point out that this depends a lot on the withdrawal method used. Checks will naturally be slower than bitcoin. The latter is faster due to decentralization. The former has to go through all the proper channels first, which increases the time it takes for your payment to be made.
Bovada Bonuses and Promotions
Bonuses and promotions are the bread and butter of many sports betting enthusiasts. These represent a great incentive to use the site regularly and make wagers that you otherwise wouldn’t. Bonuses are the sportsbook’s way of incentivizing existing bettors to stay loyal to the platform while also attracting new players.
As such, the bonuses and promotions a sportsbook offer needs to be strong and varied. From where we stand, Bovada promotions are fewer than its competitors. That isn’t to say that they’re not a good option overall, simply that if your chief priority is utilizing bonuses, then there are probably better options out there. We’ve also already mentioned that the payout speed of the platform more than makes up for the fewer bonuses offered.
So let’s take a look at some Bovada promotions and bonuses.
Sports Welcome Bonus
Since you’ve come here for a Bovada sportsbook review, let’s start with the sports welcome bonus. This bonus entitles you to 50% of your deposit amount, up to $250. The rollover for its use in the sportsbook is 5x while this is multiplied six times – to 30x – in the casino. Note that while this bonus can be used in the casino, it is unavailable for live dealer games and craps.
Casino Welcome Bonus
Another welcome bonus to encourage new users, but this one is targeted more towards casino players. This bonus is part of a welcome bonus umbrella offered by Bovada. The 100% welcome bonus is offered three times on your first three deposits and goes up to a value of $1000.
1st Bonus Code: NEWELCOME
2nd and 3rd Bonus Codes: BV2NDCWB
You’re offered three types of bonuses if you use bitcoin as your deposit method. Let’s look at each in a bit more detail.
Bitcoin Sports Bonus
This bonus is essentially the same as the original sports welcome bonus mentioned above, with an additional 25% tacked on top. This means that your deposit will be 75% of your deposit will be matched by Bovada.
Bitcoin Casino Bonus
Once again, the terms of the bonus are the same as the original casino welcome bonus mentioned previously. The difference here is that $750 is added to the total amount of $3000. This means that upon redeeming all three bonuses, you are entitled to receive $3750 instead of $3000 as in the original casino welcome bonus. You will have to use the following codes:
1st Bitcoin Bonus: BTCCWB1250
2nd and 3rd Bitcoin Bonus: BTC2NDCWB
Bitcoin Referral Program
Much like any standard bonus program, Bovada bonuses also include a referral bonus. The generosity of the bonus surprised us a lot since it’s a lot higher than other sportsbooks. If you refer Bovada to a friend and sign up for the sportsbook, you will receive a 200% bonus. As if this wasn’t enticing enough, Bovada throws in a $25 chip in there to add the cherry on top.
Refer your friends to Bovada: Click Here
Poker Welcome Bonus
There’s pretty much a welcome bonus for everything, so it’s no surprise that there’s a poker welcome bonus as well. Through this bonus, you can receive a 100% bonus on your deposit up to a limit of $500. The catch is that this amount isn’t available in its entirety immediately. You will be paid in $5 increments each time you collect 150 reward points.
This obviously begs the question, how do you earn reward points, and what is the basis for earning them. A detailed chart is present on the Bovada website, but you can follow this link too.
Bovada Customer Service
We’ve already sung praises of Bovada’s customer service throughout our Bovada review. The key to any successful customer service interaction is speed and expertise. The representative should be swift in responding to the query and be well aware of all the potential problems a user may face. A lot of sportsbooks fail in this regard, but Bovada rises to the occasion.
Customer service is prompt and high-quality. It is available year-round for 24 hours across multiple channels. The various methods to reach a representative are mentioned below:
- Live Chat: This is by far the fastest and most convenient method of communication. Live chat is available on the platform across all pages, so you can speak to a representative without having to navigate away from where you are.
- Email: Alternatively, if you wish to make a detailed point, you can reach out to the platform via email at email@example.com. This method will naturally take more time.
- Telephone: If you prefer a more personal touch, then you can call them at +1-888-263-0000. This number is toll-free but only for Americans.
Bovada is available to audiences in the US.
Costa Rica. It operates in fully licensed areas.
All transactions US Dollars ($).
This was our detailed Bovada review which included a comprehensive Bovada sportsbook review within. As always, we hope that you found the information helpful. If you wish to learn more about the other options on the market, you can go through our expert guides on other sportsbooks.