Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues – NHL Betting Analysis, Odds & Picks
The Avalanche are currently holding a 3-2 series lead, meaning if Colorado is able to win here that they will advance to the next round to take on the Edmonton Oilers. If the Blues are able to win here, they would force a Game 7 matchup on Sunday in Colorado.
The Blues picked up a 5-4 overtime road win for Game 5 of the series to escape elimination after falling behind by three goals, with center Tyler Bozak scoring the game-winning goal.
TOP #3 Sports Betting Sites to Bet on NHL
Betting Analysis for Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues
Colorado Avalanche Betting Stats & Analysis
The Colorado Avalanche has a pair of missing players this game as defenseman Samuel Girard (abdomen) will miss the remainder of the postseason, while defenseman Ryan Murray (hand/wrist) is going to be out indefinitely.
The Avalanche had a three-goal lead and held a 3-1 advantage heading into the third period but were unable to hold onto that lead.
The Avalanche have been scoring well as they are averaging 3.8 goals per game throughout this series.
St. Louis Blues Betting Stats & Analysis
The St. Louis Blues have been dealing with a couple of injuries heading into Game 6; goaltender Jordan Binnington (knee) is expected to miss multiple weeks, defenseman Torey Krug (lower body) is not expected to return throughout this series, and left winger Mackenzie MacEachern (upper body) has been placed on long-term injured reserve over one month ago.
In Game 5, they were able to bounce back and win after going down by three goals halfway through the second period- five different players scored a goal in the comeback win to give them some momentum.
Looking at the series thus far, the Blues are averaging 3.2 goals per game.
Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues NHL Betting Trends
There are a lot of different trends that can guide you into making a specific decision, but we have a few that should make this an easier decision.
- The road team has won each of the previous four games in the series, so home-ice advantage has been almost nonexistent.
- The favorite has won in 39 of the last 54 games against one another.
- Colorado has been dominant as of late in this matchup as they are 9-3 in their last 12 games against St. Louis.
- Colorado has won each of the previous five games played in St. Louis.
All of that is telling us that the betting trends have this game going in a very specific way.
Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues NHL Betting Odds
- BetUS: The BetUS sportsbook is currently pricing this game as the Colorado Avalanche being -170 road favorites, while the St. Louis Blues are priced at +150 to pull off the home upset.
- MyBookie: According to MyBookie, the Colorado Avalanche are being listed as -180 to win Game 6 while the St Louis Blues are listed as +150 underdogs to win on their home ice.
- Bovada: Bovada currently has the Colorado Avalanche as -170 road favorites, while the St. Louis Blues are considered to be +145 home underdogs.
- BetNow: BetNow has Game 6 listed as the Colorado Avalanche, being -165 road favorites heading into this game, with the St. Louis Blues being +145 to win at home.
- BetOnline: BetOnline is listing this game as the Colorado Avalanche being favored on the road at -163 while the St. Louis Blues are +147 to win on their home ice.
Where to find the Best Betting Odds to Bet Online?
How To Bet On: Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues – Betting Lines (Spread, totals, moneyline) Betting Example
With the Colorado Avalanche being favored around -165 on the betting odds, you would need to bet $165 in order to win $100 in this game.
The St Louis Blues have been listed around +150, meaning if you were to bet $100 on the St Louis Blues to win here, you would walk out with $150 profit.
OBS Betting Picks for Colorado Avalanche at St. Louis Blues NHL
The Colorado Avalanche have proven to be the better team as they were able to pick up a three-goal advantage heading to the 30-minute mark of the game but were unable to hold onto the lead as they took their foot off the gas.
Nathan MacKinnon finished with a hat trick in this game and should be able to dominate here once again.
Avalanche goaltender Darcy Kuemper has been playing well throughout the postseason as he has allowed 19 goals on 198 shot attempts, or 2.50 goals allowed per game so far.
I think Game 5 was the biggest chance for the Blues to keep their foot on the pedal with their back against the wall, and they did just that.
However, the Colorado Avalanche does not want to have a Game 7 where anything can happen.
Colorado has picked up a victory in 51 of the previous 70 games, and the oddsmakers are telling us that they will win here. All in all, go with the Colorado Avalanche to win here and advance to take on the Edmonton Oilers.
Now that you have all the information you need to place an informed bet it is time to start increasing your income.
Pick up the best sports betting site, sign up and make your bet on Colorado Avalanche vs St. Louis Blues.