The 2023 college football season continues to roll along and there are a couple of games on Thursday night. The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns host the Southern Miss Golden Eagles in one of the games, and the home team is a big favorite in this game.
This is the part of the college football season in which things really start to heat up, and both NCAAF teams are hungry for a win in this game. The Southern Miss vs Louisiana betting analysis will show you that this game could be a battle, but it’s unclear if things will play out that way.
Top Sportsbooks to Bet on College Football
Overall Game Info & Outlook
- Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns
- If you are wanting to make NCAAF picks then you are going to want to check out how each team has fared of late. Southern Miss has gone just 2-7 this season, but they did just snap a four-game losing streak. Louisiana comes into this game at 5-4, and they have gone just 2-3 in their last five games.
- Game will be played at Cajun Field in Lafayette, LA.
- This game will kick off at 7:30 PM ET on Thursday, November 9th.
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Betting Preview
Southern Miss Golden Eagles Preview
The college football odds for Southern Miss don’t look great as this team just hasn’t been playing good football this season. The Golden Eagles have won just two games all season, and they have also suffered some bad losses around the way.
The college football schedule does lighten up a bit for Southern Miss moving forward, starting with this game. The Golden Eagles just won last week, and they are looking to make it two wins in a row.
- Not only have the Golden Eagles gone 1-4 in their last five, but they are also just 1-4 ATS in their last five.
- Betting the under has been the correct option in just two of the last five games for Southern Miss.
- The Golden Eagles have allowed at least 48 points in three of their last five games.
Running back Frank Gore Jr. is having a big season for the Southern Miss Golden Eagles as he has rushed for 812 yards and seven touchdowns this season. Southern Miss is going to have to keep the ball on the ground in this game as they just don’t have the defense to keep pace.
Quarterback Billy Wiles is going to have to play well in this game also, but he has thrown for just 1,746 yards and nine touchdowns this season. Southern Miss needs to find a way to hit on some deep balls if they take some chances down the field.
Playing on the road has not gone well for the Golden Eagles this NCAAF season, but they do have some momentum after picking up their most recent win. That was a dominant performance by the defense in that one, and that’s going to be a major key in this game.
Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Preview
The Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns have made it hard for people to make college football predictions on this team. Louisiana got off to a good start to the year, but they have since dropped three of their last five games.
- While Louisiana has gone just 2-3 overall in their last five, they have covered the spread in three of those games.
- The Ragin’ Cajuns have scored more than 17 points in five straight games.
- Louisiana was a 6.5-point favorite in their most recent game, but they went on to suffer a 20 point loss.
Quarterback Zeon Chriss is having a good season up to this point as he has thrown for 1,222 yards and 11 touchdowns this season. Chriss has been throwing the football a ton this season, and he has the ability to light up the scoreboard in this game.
Running back Jacob Kibodi doesn’t always get a ton of touches on offense, but he has averaged 6.6 yards per carry this season. If Louisiana is able to get an early lead then they will try to let Kibodi run to put the game away.
Louisiana knows that it has the better offense in this game, and you should expect them to be pushing the ball down the field in this game. The Ragin’ Cajuns don’t want to turn this into a defensive battle as they might not come out on top in that style of game.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
BetNow: Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns -10.0
BetOnline: Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns -10.0
BetUS: Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns -10.0
Bovada: Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns -10.0
MyBookie: Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns -10.0
Southern Miss Golden Eagles vs. Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns Odds & Picks
Odds for this Matchup:
If you are looking to bet on college football at BetOnline then you want to check out the entire list of odds for this game. Even though the home team is clearly the betting favorite, there are some other things to look at as well.
Recommended Pick: Louisiana Ragin’ Cajuns -10.0
It can be a bit scary after make Southern Miss vs Louisiana Betting Analysis and pick a team that is a massive favorite, but sometimes that is the best way to go. Louisiana is having a solid season, but the same can’t be said for Southern Miss.
This should be a game in which things are tight for a while, but ultimately the home team is going to pull away. Even though it can be scary to pick a team that is a 10-point favorite, going with Louisiana is the pick to make on Thursday night.