Odds, Picks and Predictions
Last weekend, FC Cincinnati took a tough 2-0 road loss against rivals Columbus Crew, but they are still in the last playoff spot, seventh place, in the East. Meanwhile, Nashville SC remains in fifth place in the West, despite losing to division-leading LAFC 2-1 at home on Sunday night.
Both teams are relatively new to MLS, with FC Cincinnati joining as an expansion team in 2019 and Nashville SC following suit a year later. They met three times last year when Nashville played in the Eastern Conference. Nashville won 6-3 in Cincinnati while also winning 3-0 and drawing 2-2 at home.
FC Cincinnati vs. Nashville SC Match Info
Location: TQL Stadium, Cincinnati, Ohio
Date: Saturday, July 23, 2022
Time: 6:30 p.m. ET
FC Cincinnati vs. Nashville SC Odds
- BetOnline…FC Cincinnati +140, Nashville SC +210, Draw +240
- Bovada…FC Cincinnati +140, Nashville SC +195, Draw +230
- MyBookie…FC Cincinnati +135, Nashville SC +190, Draw +235
- BetUS…FC Cincinnati +140, Nashville SC +195, Draw +230
- BetNow…FC Cincinnati +140, Nashville SC +203, Draw +233
The best line for FC Cincinnati comes from most of the books where the Orange and Blue are +140 to win at home. Nashville SC has the best odds on BetOnline, where they are +210.
For the teams to draw, the best odds come from BetOnline, where a draw is +240.
TOP #3 Sports Betting Sites to Bet on MLS
- FC Cincinnati have won or tied seven of their last night’s games
- FC Cincinnati had scored in 13 straight games before being shutout on Sunday
- FC Cincinnati haven’t lost at home since May 21
- Nashville has scored in nine of the last ten games
- Nashville has allowed at least two goals in three of their last four games
- Nashville is 2-3 in their last five road games
- Nashville has never lost to FCC in three games played, outsourcing them 11-5
FC Cincinnati Struggled on Offense in Columbus
Things didn’t go well for FCC on Sunday night with a 2-0 rivalry loss to Columbus Crew. They fell behind early and had just 42% of the possession in the game. With playmaker Luciano Acosta suspended, FCC didn’t press the issue much and put just two shots on goal in the whole contest, and they only drew three corner kicks.
Acosta was sent off against RBNY and then drew a two-game suspension from MLS. So not only did the All-Star miss the game against Columbus, but he will not be available for selection against Nashville either. Brenner moved into the central midfield role against the Crew with Yuya Kubo and Alvaro Barreal on the attacking wings.
Brandon Vazquez started up top but didn’t put a shot on goal in his 90 minutes. Vazquez leads FCC with ten goals on the season, a franchise record. He also has four assists, second only to Acosta’s six.
Brenner scored twice against Nashville last year and has five goals this season. His five goals came in a three-game span that included a hat trick.
However, he has cooled off since, with no goals in the last three games. Brenner scored twice against Nashville last year, once in each city, while Vazquez and Acosta also scored against NSC in 2021.
Since taking over goalkeeper duties in April, 21-year-old Roman Celentano has allowed 23 goals in 14 games. He has made 39 saves with three clean sheets and posted a 5-5-4 (W-D-L) record. Alec Kann started the season with the goalkeeping job and allowed 14 goals in seven games with a 2-1-4 record.
Mukhtar a Machine for Nashville
The result wasn’t what they wanted on Sunday night against first-place LAFC in front of 30,109 fans at Geodis Park, but Nashville remains in the top half of the West standings. They are in fifth place with 30 points from 21 games, one point behind Minnesota United and three points behind Real Salt Lake for third place.
Hany Mukhtar tied the game against LAFC with a penalty kick goal in the 43rd minute, but the visitors regained the lead early in the second half and held on for the 2-1 win.
Mukhtar is on fire right now with a goal in five straight games, a franchise record. He has 12 goals on the season, which ranks second in MLS, and with three assists, his 15 goal contributions are tied for first in the league.
The other striker on Nashville, C.J. Sapong, has five goals and four assists. Mukhtar and Sapong have combined for 17 of Nashville’s 27 goals on the campaign. Randall Leal has four assists to lead the team while also contributing a goal.
The Nashville back line is led by USMNT center back Walker Zimmerman, and team captain Dax McCarty starts at center midfield. Nashville has a rather consistent lineup with ten players making at least 15 starts in their 21 games this season.
Joe Willis has started 19 of the 21 MLS games in goal. The veteran keeper has allowed 22 goals while making 52 saves.
He has five clean sheets and a 7-5-7 record. Willis started all three of the games against FCC last year, allowing five goals and making two saves.
Leal and Sapong both scored four goals against FC Cincinnati last season, while Zimmerman also found the back of the net. Leal and Sapong both scored twice in Cincinnati last year n the 6-3 win. Mukhtar hasn’t scored against FCC but has four assists, while Leal has two helpers.
FC Cincinnati vs. Nashville SC Picks and Predictions
- FC Cincinnati looked lost on Sunday without Acosta in their 2-0 loss at Columbus. Nashville fought hard against the best team in the league, but also lost to LAFC. The way these teams are built, a draw seems like the most likely option in this game.
- Both teams have allowed 11 goals in their last five games, a dangerous combination. Take over 2.5 goals scored.
- Best Bet – Mukhtar to score for Nashville SC