The New York Islanders are set to visit the Seattle Kraken on Thursday, November 16, and this will be an interesting matchup in the NHL. It’s still pretty early in the season, but the playoff standings are already starting to heat up in each conference.
Both the Islanders and Kraken will be in action on Wednesday night, and you aren’t going to see a ton of betting odds listed until after that game. If you are going to make an Islanders vs Kraken prediction on Thursday night then the information below can help you get that done.
Top Sportsbooks To Bet on NHL
NY Islanders vs. Seattle Kraken Odds
Overall Game Info & Outlook
- New York Islanders vs. Seattle Kraken
- The New York Islanders have picked up just 13 points through the first 14 games of the year, and their place in the NHL standings is not in a great place. New York enters Wednesday night having lost a ton of games in a row, and they need to bounce back in a big way. The NHL schedule for Seattle has been loaded with great teams this month, and the Kraken went just 1-4 to begin the November slate.
- This game will be played at Climate Pledge Arena in Seattle, Washington.
- Puck drop is set for 10:00 PM ET on Thursday, November 16th and the game can be seen on NHLPP/ESPN+.
NY Islanders vs. Seattle Kraken Betting Preview
NY Islanders Preview
The New York Islanders were expected to be near the top of the NHL standings this season, but it’s been another rough start. New York has had to watch the Rangers celebrate in recent years, but there was a chance for them to make a move this year.
The Islanders aren’t going to get back into the playoff race unless they are able to find some offense as this team is scoring just 2.36 goals per game. New York has also struggled to stop opponents as well, and that has led to a ton of tough losses.
- Not only have the Islanders been struggling of late, but they have lost four straight games by at least two goals.
- New York has scored two or fewer goals in four straight games as well as the offense has disappeared.
- The Islanders continue to struggle to get stops as they have allowed at least four goals in all of their games that have taken place this month.
Noah Dobson leads the Islanders with eight assists and 12 points this season, but he is going to need some help as the season moves along. Dobson has some great NHL stats for a defenseman, but this team needs some forwards to start to step up as the season moves along.
Look for the Islanders to try to be disciplined in this game as they are not a good team on special teams. New York has scored on the power play just 16 percent of the time, and they are killing off just 74 percent of their penalties. The Islanders are catching a break in the NHL schedule.
Seattle Kraken Preview
The Seattle Kraken have been a great hockey team since they came into the league, and they had some high expectations this year. Seattle has not lived up to those expectations despite getting off to a terrific start to the year.
The Kraken did pick up a huge win over the Colorado Avalanche last week, but they didn’t generate any real momentum from that victory. It’s been two straight losses for the Kraken heading into Wednesday night, and that’s another tough NHL matchup for them.
- Seattle has lost two straight games by at least three goals, and they just can’t find a way to be competitive.
- The Kraken have allowed at least four goals in four of their last five games, and that is something that has to improve.
- The under has hit in each of the last two games for the Kraken, but that wasn’t the case in the three games before that.
A lack of offense has been a huge problem for the Kraken this season as they are scoring just 2.50 goals per game, while also allowing 3.50 goals. Seattle has converted on the power play 25% of the time, and they need to find a way to get on the man advantage more. This factor could play a crucial role in the upcoming Islanders vs Kraken prediction.
Jaden Schwartz is having a big year for Seattle as he has scored eight goals, while also dishing out six assists. There is a ton of talent on this roster, and that is something that could allow them to get things turned around in a huge way.
Benefiting from the home crowd’s support, Seattle may find the momentum to begin reversing their fortunes in this game.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
BetNow: Seattle Kraken -155
BetOnline: Seattle Kraken -155
BetUS: Seattle Kraken -155
Bovada: Seattle Kraken -155
MyBookie: Seattle Kraken -155
NY Islanders vs. Seattle Kraken Odds and Picks
Odds for this Matchup:
- New York Islanders +175 +1.5 (-115) Over 6.5
- Seattle Kraken -155 -1.5 (+125) Under 6.5
Recommended Pick: Seattle Kraken -155
If you want to place a bet on NHL then there are going to be a couple of ways to go with this one. Seattle is going to be the better overall team in this game, and that does mean that a bet on the puck line is going to be an opportunity as our recommended Islanders vs Kraken Prediction.
Don’t make too many NHL picks on this one though as it’s hard to handicap what is going on in this matchup. Focus on taking the Seattle Kraken on the moneyline at -155 as the home team will find a way to pick up a win in this game.
- Pick: Kraken ML (-155)