Week 14 of the NFL season is going, to begin with an interesting matchup as the New England Patriots are set to visit the Pittsburgh Steelers. While the league has been looking to flex some better NFL matchups in Monday Night Football, one of the worst NFL teams in the league will be playing in this game.
This is going to be a game in which the home team really can’t afford to take a loss, and the visiting team might not be trying to win. If you are someone who likes to watch a high-scoring affair, this likely isn’t going to be the game for you.
Here is a look at some Patriots vs Steelers betting analysis that can help you make some betting picks for this game.
Top Sportsbooks To Bet on the NFL
New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers Odds
Overall Game Info & Outlook
- New England Patriots vs. Pittsburgh Steelers
- The New England Patriots are coming into this game with a record of 2-10, and they are almost at the bottom of the NFL standings. New England has lost five straight games since a stunning victory over the Buffalo Bills. The Pittsburgh Steelers are starting to slump a little bit now that they have faced a tough part of the NFL schedule. Pittsburgh has lost two of their last three games and are now just 7-5 on the year.
- This game will be played at Acrisure Stadium in Pittsburgh, PA and a large crowd is expected for this matchup.
- Kickoff for this game is set for 8:15 PM ET and the game can be seen on PRIME Video.
New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers Betting Preview
New England Patriots Preview
The New England Patriots have had a history of success over the past two decades, but the franchise has fallen on tough times of late. New England might be entering tank mode this season as getting a high NFL draft pick could end up getting this franchise back on track.
- The Patriots have given up 10 or fewer points in three straight games this season.
- New England has scored 17 points or fewer in five straight games during this losing streak.
- Not only have the Patriots lost five straight games, but they have failed to cover the spread in any of those matchups.
The New England Patriots have some very rough team stats this season, especially when looking at the offensive side of the ball. New England is scoring just 12.3 points per game, and that number has been going down in recent weeks.
The passing game has let the Patriots down this season as they are averaging just 186.8 passing yards per game. Head coach Bill Belichick continues to make changes at the quarterback position, but nothing seems to work.
The only way that New England can win this game is to keep the score low and then hope to hit on some big plays. New England has been keeping some games close of late, but they have yet to prove that they can make winning plays in order to end this losing streak.
Pittsburgh Steelers Preview
The Pittsburgh Steelers always seem to find a way to finish above the .500 mark, at least with Mike Tomlin as the head coach. Pittsburgh is sitting at 7-5 on the season currently, but they are going to have a tough stretch of games to finish out the year.
Pittsburgh has not been a team that has been able to have a ton of postseason success, and that simply has to be a focus moving forward with this team. The Steelers still have some work to do to reach the postseason in 2023, but they could take a huge step with a win in this game.
- Pittsburgh has gone 4-1 ATS in the last five games.
- Pittsburgh has scored 16 or fewer points in three straight games this season.
- The Steelers have played in five straight games that have gone under the point total.
Pittsburgh is a team that wants to win games by running the football, but at some point this team will need to throw. Mitch Trubisky is going to be under center for this game, but he has completed less than 60 percent of his passes up to this point.
Jaylen Warren has emerged as a weapon in the backfield for the Steelers as he has racked up 601 yards and is averaging 5.9 yards per carry. This should be a low-scoring game, but the Steelers actually have the offense to pick up a win.
Look for the Steelers to try to set the tone on defense in this game, especially in an attempt to get after the Patriots quarterback. Pittsburgh is looking to bounce back in a big way, and that will be a major focus for them on Thursday Night Football.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
BetNow: Pittsburgh Steelers -6.0
BetOnline: Pittsburgh Steelers -6.0
BetUS: Pittsburgh Steelers -6.0
Bovada: Pittsburgh Steelers -6.0
MyBookie: Pittsburgh Steelers -6.0
New England Patriots at Pittsburgh Steelers Odds & Picks
Odds for this Matchup:
If you are going to bet on the NFL at BetUS Sportsbook then you are going to see plenty of NFL odds to check out. Of course, the Steelers are six-point favorites in this game, but you can make a number of different wagers.
- New England Patriots +6.0 +225 Over 30.0 (-110)
- Pittsburgh Steelers -6.0 -275 Under 30.0 (-110)
Recommended Pick: Pittsburgh Steelers -6.0
These are two teams that don’t have very good Super Bowl odds, but that shouldn’t be a major focus if you are betting on this game. This does feel like a pretty large spread for a pair of struggling teams, but the location also matters in a big way.
There won’t be a ton of points scored in this game, but the Steelers are going to do most of the scoring in most of the Patriots vs Steelers betting analysis. Bet on Pittsburgh to win this game on Thursday Night Football, and also take the under 30.0 total points as your NFL picks.