The Nets will be short-handed following the trade of Kyrie Irving while Kevin Durant remains out with an injury. Meanwhile, Devin Booker is set to return from injury for Phoenix.
The Suns have been playing well as of late, winning four of their past five games. Phoenix will only continue to improve, with Booker expected to return for this game. This is the Suns’ contest to lose without question.
The Nets have also played well in recent action, going 3-2 over their past five games. However, they were most recently defeated by the Los Angeles Clippers at home.
Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 PM EST on Tuesday, February 7th, at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY. Let’s take a look at the odds, trends, and predictions for the Suns-Nets game.
TOP #3 Sports Betting Sites to Bet on NBA
Phoenix Suns at Brooklyn Nets Facts & Trends
- The Phoenix Suns are a league-worst 30-25 against the spread this year.
- The Brooklyn Nets are 27-25-1 against the spread this season.
- The Suns are 14-13 against the spread when playing on the road
- The Nets are 12-12-1 against the spread when playing at home.
- Brooklyn is 12-7 against the spread as an underdog.
- Phoenix is 19-16 against the spread as a favorite.
- The Suns are 6-7 against the spread as a road favorite.
- The Nets are 3-3 against the spread when playing as a home underdog.
The Suns have fared well against the spread throughout the 2022-2023 season, despite their ups and downs. The exact same can be said for the Nets.
Brooklyn has done an impressive job of getting the job done as an underdog, but their roster changes will make this a difficult game for them to upset the odds in.
Let’s take a closer look at this game.
Phoenix Suns at Brooklyn Nets Matchup Information
Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 PM EST.
The Nets are the underdogs at home against the Suns, but how much are the Suns favored by? Here’s a look at the complete odds for Tuesday night.
Phoenix Suns at Brooklyn Nets Odds
Phoenix Suns at Brooklyn Nets Betting Previews
Betting on Phoenix Suns
The Phoenix Suns have been a difficult team to figure out. They entered the year with legitimate NBA Finals aspirations, but uncertainty around Deandre Ayton led to concerns.
However, Ayton and the Suns worked out their relationship, and the big man has played a big role for Phoenix. Chris Paul and Devin Booker have both been plagued by injuries this season. Nevertheless, Phoenix is hanging around and is currently on a roll.
The Suns are 17th in points per game, third in assists per game, 10th in rebounds per game, 13th in turnovers per game, 22nd in field goal percentage, and third in three-point percentage.
Booker was posting MVP-like numbers prior to going down with an injury. The Suns’ star will return on Tuesday averaging over 27 points per game, just under six assists per game, and just under five rebounds per contest.
Chris Paul leads Phoenix with 8.6 assists per contest for the Suns. CP3 is also averaging just shy of 14 points per game. Meanwhile, Deandre Ayton is posting over ten rebounds to go along with 18 points for this Suns team.
Phoenix’s talent is difficult to deny. In addition to the aforementioned big three, they have impressive depth off the bench. It will be interesting to see if they come together during the second half of the season and make a legitimate run in the Western Conference.
Betting on Brooklyn Nets
The Brooklyn Nets-Dallas Mavericks Kyrie Irving trade became official on Monday. Losing Irving will hurt the Nets’ chances of making a deep Eastern Conference run, although they still may have enough talent to string something together.
Still, they will be short-handed in this game versus Phoenix.
For the season, Brooklyn is 19th in points per game, ninth in assists per game, 29th in rebounds per game, 11th in turnovers per game, second in field goal percentage, and second in three-point percentage.
Kevin Durant and Ben Simmons have both been dealing with injury ailments for Brooklyn. The Nets are going to need massive performances from their role players in order to pull off the home upset.
It will be interesting to see how they fare on Tuesday.
- Devin Booker is expected to return from his groin injury on Tuesday night in Brooklyn.
- Landry Shamet has been out due to a foot injury.
- Cam Payne is also dealing with a foot ailment.
- Kevin Durant is dealing with both a knee injury and trade rumors at the moment.
- Ben Simmons expects to play vs. the Suns after dealing with a knee injury of his own.
- Seth Curry missed Monday’s game due to an injury. His status is uncertain for Tuesday.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
- Betonline: Phoenix Suns -4.5
- Bovada: Phoenix Suns -4.5
- MyBookie: Phoenix Suns -4.5
- BetUS: Phoenix Suns -4.5
- BetNow: Phoenix Suns -4.5
The Suns are fairly narrow favorites for this game.
Phoenix Suns at Brooklyn Nets Picks & Predictions
Which team should you ultimately place your bets on? Can the Suns cover the spread on the road, or will the Nets take care of business?
The Nets’ uncertainty simply makes them too risky of a team to place a bet on. Phoenix is the pick to click in this contest.
Go ahead and take the Phoenix Suns -4.5 as your Tuesday night betting selection.