New Orleans started off the season on a high note, but they are currently in the midst of a dreadful losing streak, dropping eight games in a row heading into this contest. Their recent play suggests this could be another long game for the Pelicans.
Denver has dropped back-to-back games heading into this game, but the Nuggets are certainly still the team to beat at home. However, Denver cannot afford to take the Pelicans for granted.
It will be interesting to see if the Pelicans can upset the odds.
Tip-off is scheduled for 10:00 PM EST on Tuesday, January 31st, at Ball Arena in Denver, CO. Let’s take a look at the odds, trends, and predictions for the Pelicans-Nuggets game.
New Orleans Pelicans at Denver Nuggets Facts & Trends
- The New Orleans Pelicans are 24-27 against the spread this year.
- The Denver Nuggets are 25-24-1 against the spread this season.
- The Pelicans are 10-15 against the spread when playing on the road
- The Nuggets are 15-10-1 against the spread when playing at home.
- New Orleans is 10-13 against the spread as an underdog.
- Denver is 18-20-1 against the spread as a favorite.
- The Pelicans are 5-10 against the spread as a road underdog.
- The Nuggets are 13-10-1 against the spread when playing as a home favorite.
The Nuggets have an advantage, without question. Injuries could play a role for both teams in this game (more on that later,) but Denver’s all-around depth and talent has them in a good position.
With that being said, let’s take a closer look at this contest.
New Orleans Pelicans at Denver Nuggets Matchup Information
Tip-off is scheduled for 10:00 PM EST.
The Nuggets are the favorite as mentioned above. Here’s a look at the complete odds for the game.
TOP #3 Sports Betting Sites to Bet on NBA
New Orleans Pelicans at Denver Nuggets Odds
|New Orleans Pelicans
New Orleans Pelicans at Denver Nuggets Betting Previews
Betting on New Orleans Pelicans
The Pelicans are a talented team, but injuries and recent underperformance have been an issue.
The Pelicans were most recently crushed by the Bucks, losing 135-110. They’ve fallen short on both defense and offense in recent action, losing a number of competitive affairs as well.
On the season, New Orleans is eighth in points per game, 10th in assists per game, seventh in rebounds per game, 23rd in turnovers per game, 12th in field goal percentage, and 17th in three-point percentage.
Zion Williamson, who’s dealt with injuries once again this year, has been dynamic when on the floor. He’s averaging 26 points per game to lead New Orleans.
CJ McCollum has also performed admirably, averaging 21 points and six assists per contest.
The Pelicans’ mix of veteran depth and star-studded young talent makes them an intriguing team that should be able to snap out of their current slump. But for now, there’s no question that this is a team going through it.
And turning things around against one of the best teams in basketball will be difficult, to say the least.
Betting on Denver Nuggets
Their recent losses came against Eastern Conference juggernauts in the Bucks and 76ers. They will be happy to see their strength of schedule lessen in this matchup. Still, the Pelicans are a team they cannot look past.
On the season, the Nuggets are third in points per game, second in assists per game, 16th in rebounds per game, 20th in turnovers per game, second in field goal percentage, and first three-point percentage.
Nikola Jokic is in the midst of another MVP-caliber season for the Nuggets. Jokic is averaging 25 points per game to go along with ten assists and 11 rebounds per contest.
Jokic is a star in every sense of the word, but he’s received help this season.
Jamar Murray is averaging over 19 points and just under six assists. Aaron Gordon is averaging 17 points and eight rebounds per game.
Additionally, the Nuggets have an impressive amount of depth around their star players. They are a dangerous team that may be a legitimate NBA Finals contender.
New Orleans Pelicans
- Zion Williamson has been out with a hamstring injury for the Pelicans. His injury has been a major reason for the Pelicans’ recent struggles.
- In addition to Williamson, Dyson Daniels will be out for the game due to an ankle sprain.
- CJ McCollum and Brandon Ingram are expected to return to the rotation for the Pelicans.
- Jamar Murray is questionable for Tuesday’s game due to a knee ailment.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
- Betonline: Denver Nuggets -7.5
- Bovada: Denver Nuggets -7.5
- MyBookie: Denver Nuggets -7.5
- BetUS: Denver Nuggets -7.5
- BetNow: Denver Nuggets -7.5
The Denver Nuggets are favored to take care of business on Tuesday, but should you roll with them?
New Orleans Pelicans at Denver Nuggets Picks & Predictions
Which team should you place your money on? Can the Pelicans upset the odds, or will the Nuggets get the job done?
It wouldn’t be surprising to see the Nuggets struggle out of the gate. As a result, the door may be left open for a potential upset. New Orleans may be able to upset the spread.
However, the Nuggets are the team to pick. They should ultimately win the game.
Go ahead and take the Pelicans +7.5 as your spread betting selection, but take the Nuggets as your moneyline betting pick.