Golden State is playing an effective brand of basketball in recent action. The Warriors are 4-1 over the course of their past five games. They are in the midst of a three-game winning streak heading into Wednesday.
Minnesota is 3-2 over their past five games. Their recent three-game winning streak came to an end in their last game against the Kings, but the Timberwolves are playing well as of late.
This should be a competitive contest.
Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 PM EST on Wednesday, February 1 at Target Center in Minnesota. Let’s take a look at the odds, trends, and predictions for the Warriors-Timberwolves game.
Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves Facts & Trends
- The Golden State Warriors are 24-25-1 against the spread this year.
- The Minnesota Timberwolves are 25-28 against the spread this season.
- The Warriors are 8-16 against the spread when playing on the road
- The Timberwolves are 15-14 against the spread when playing at home.
- Minnesota is 14-12 against the spread as an underdog.
- Golden State is 15-17-1 against the spread as a favorite.
- The Warriors are 3-8 against the spread as a road favorite.
- The Timberwolves are 9-4 against the spread when playing as a home underdog.
One area where the Warriors have really struggled from a betting perspective is as a road favorite. Their inability to cover the spread on the roads is something worth monitoring.
Meanwhile, Minnesota has done a good job of upsetting the odds as a home underdog.
Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves Matchup Information
Tip-off is scheduled for 8:00 PM EST.
The Warriors are the road favorite, as mentioned above, but by how much are they favored in this contest? Here’s a look at the complete odds for Wednesday night.
Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves Odds
|Golden State Warriors
Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves Betting Previews
Betting on Golden State Warriors
The Warriors haven’t had the season they were hoping for, but this is still a team with more than enough talent to make a deep playoff run during the 2022-2023 postseason.
They have displayed glimpses of finding their rhythm as of late. If they can stay healthy moving forward, Golden State will continue to be a threat once again.
The Warriors are second in points per game, first in assists per game, ninth in rebounds per game, 29th in turnovers per game, 13th in field goal percentage, and fifth in three-point percentage.
Steph Curry leads Golden State just shy of 30 points per game to go along with 6.5 assists and six rebounds per contest.
Klay Thompson and Jordan Poole are also both averaging over 20 points per game for the Warriors. Their scoring prowess has been crucial for the team in recent action.
Andre Iguodala is the lone Warrior listed on the injury report as of this story’s publication. However, bettors will want to be sure to check the injury report once again closer to game time.
Betting on Minnesota Timberwolves
The Timberwolves are in the midst of a mediocre campaign, but the playoffs are certainly not out of the question.
Minnesota’s recent string of success suggests they should be able to give Golden State all they can handle, but the Timberwolves still have their weaknesses, which the Warriors will try to take advantage of.
The Timberwolves are eighth in points per game, 11th in assists per game, 25th in rebounds per game, 28th in turnovers per game, fourth in field goal percentage, and 19th in three-point percentage.
Turnovers, in a similar fashion to Golden State, have been an issue for Minnesota.
Anthony Edwards leads the Timberwolves with 25 points per game. Potential trade candidate D’Angelo Russell is averaging nearly 18 points and over six assists per game.
Rudy Gobert is averaging 13 points, 12 rebounds, and over one block per game for the Timberwolves.
Let’s take a look at both teams’ injury reports.
Golden State Warriors
- As mentioned above, Iguodala is the lone Warriors player on the injury report due to a hip ailment.
- Taurean Prince has been dealing with an ankle injury, but he was able to return on Monday for Minnesota.
- Rudy Gobert is questionable for the game against the Warriors due to a groin injury.
- Karl-Anthony Towns remains out due to injury.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
- Betonline: Golden State Warriors -3
- Bovada: Golden State Warriors -3
- MyBookie: Golden State Warriors -3
- BetUS: Golden State Warriors -3
- BetNow: Golden State Warriors -3
The Golden State Warriors are favored in this game, but can they cover the spread?
Golden State Warriors at Minnesota Timberwolves Picks & Predictions
Which team should you place your money on? Can the Timberwolves upset the odds at home, or will the Warriors take care of business on the road?
When Golden State is playing well, they remain a difficult team to defeat. Minnesota is going to give them a challenge, and this game may come down to the wire, but the Warriors’ pesky style of play and three-point prowess should help take them over the top.
The Dubs are the pick to click in this contest.
Go ahead and take the Golden State Warriors -3 as your Wednesday night betting selection.