Boston has won three games in a row and four of their past five overall. They have been one of the best teams in the league throughout the season and will look to continue rolling in this game.
The Knicks have caught fire in recent action, winning five consecutive games. New York previously dealt with uncertainty, but it is becoming clear that they are a force to be reckoned with.
With New York and Boston playing well, this projects to be a highly competitive contest.
This game is scheduled for 7:30 PM EST on Monday, February 27th, at Madison Square Garden in New York. Let’s take a look at the odds, betting trends, and projections for the game.
Boston Celtics at New York Knicks Bucks Facts & Trends
- The Boston Celtics are 34-27 against the spread this season.
- The Celtics are 16-14 against the spread when playing on the road.
- Boston has a 31-26 against the spread record as a favorite so far during this season.
- They are 6-8 against the spread as an away favorite.
- The New York Knicks are 33-26-3 against the spread this year.
- The Knicks are a league-leading 13-16-3 against the spread when playing at home.
- New York has a 17-13-1 against the spread record as an underdog so far this year.
- They are 13-13 against the spread as a home underdog.
The Celtics and Knicks have both found success against the spread. Boston has impressed as a road team against it as well. Covering the spread away from home tends to be a difficult challenge for most teams, but the Celtics hold a record of over .500 in those scenarios.
The Knicks are under .500 against the spread at home. They’ve played a number of close games at Madison Square Garden, which has led to that mark.
With the spread stats out of the way, let’s take a closer look at this matchup.
TOP #3 Sports Betting Sites to Bet on NBA
Boston Celtics at New York Knicks Matchup Information
This game will start at 7:30 PM EST.
The Celtics, as is often the case, are favored. However, they are not favored by much. New York will likely need to win the game in order to cover the spread barring a two-point separation.
Boston Celtics at New York Knicks Odds
Boston Celtics at New York Knicks Betting Previews
Betting on Boston Celtics
The Celtics fully understand that New York is playing very well at the moment. Boston will need to be on top of their game versus the Knicks on the road.
The Celtics will rely on their physical defensive effort to contain the Knicks. Meanwhile, their offensive prowess will take care of the rest.
For the season, Boston ranks second in points per game, 14th in field goal percentage, and sixth in three-point percentage. They also do the little things well, ranking seventh in assists per game and fifth in rebounds per game.
Turning the ball over hasn’t been much of an issue, either. The Celtics are ninth in turnovers limited per contest and second in assist-turnover ratio.
The duo of Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown draws the majority of headlines. Boston’s all-around depth has been crucial to its success, but Tatum and Brown have led the charge without question.
One final note on Boston is that they never back down despite the circumstances. The Knicks’ crowd will give them everything they can handle on Monday evening, but the Celtics will still play their impressive brand of basketball.
Betting on New York Knicks
The Knicks need to build off their momentum. The Celtics are the Eastern Conference favorite, and New York can send a huge message with a win on Monday. It is something Boston may be forced to think about in a potential playoff matchup versus New York.
The Knicks rank eighth in points per game, 21st in field goal percentage, and 23rd in three-point percentage. They don’t share the ball in an effective manner, ranking just 28th in assists per contest. However, they are third in rebounds per game.
In a similar fashion to the Celtics, New York takes care of the basketball. They are third in turnovers limited per game and seventh in assist-turnover ratio.
Julius Randle and Jalen Brunson have led the way this season. The Knicks’ depth doesn’t get talked about much, but it has been pivotal for them as well.
They have a number of pesky players willing to give all they have in limited minutes. It is something that’s benefited both their defense and rebounding numbers.
- Derrick White is listed on the Celtics’ injury report with an ankle injury.
- Jaylen Brown isn’t expected to play due to personal reasons.
- Danilo Gallinari is still rehabbing from his knee injury, but he hopes to return towards the end of the regular season or for the postseason.
New York Knicks
- There are no injuries to report for the Knicks as of this story’s publication.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
- Betonline: Boston Celtics -2.5
- Bovada: Boston Celtics -2.5
- MyBookie: Boston Celtics -2.5
- BetUS: Boston Celtics -2.5
- BetNow: Boston Celtics -2.5
The Boston Celtics are favored, but the questions surrounding Jaylen Brown’s status will be something to monitor.
Boston Celtics at New York Knicks Picks & Predictions
The Knicks will give the Celtics everything they have, but betting against Boston is an unnecessary risk right now.
Take the Boston Celtics -2.5 as your NBA betting selection for Monday night.