23XI Racing’s Bubba Wallace couldn’t maintain his domination at Texas, leaving an opening for Cup Series leader William Byron, who capitalized to win and guarantee himself a spot in the Round of Eight. The NASCAR schedule moves to Talladega for the second race in the Round of 12, with a wide-open field for our Ford-dominated Yellawood 500 predictions.
The Fall race at Talladega has produced seven different winners in the past seven years, while the Spring race this season was won by Richard Childress Racing’s Kyle Busch, with Ryan Blaney, Chris Buescher, Stewart-Haas Racing’s Chase Briscoe, and Brad Keselowski rounding out the top-five.
Top Sportsbooks To Bet on NASCAR
Overall Race Info & Outlook
- NASCAR Cup Series: YellaWood 500 at Talladega – 188 Laps (500.08 mi) – Stage 1/2: 60 laps, Stage 3: 68 laps.
- NASCAR standings leader William Byron won at Bristol, booking a ticket to the Round of Eight, followed by Ross Chastain, Bubba Wallace, Christopher Bell, and Denny Hamlin to complete the top five.
- Talladega Superspeedway, Talladega, Alabama
- Sunday, October 1st, 2023, 2:00 PM ET. Where to Watch: NBC, Peacock, TSN, NASCAR Live.
NASCAR Cup Series YellaWood 500 at Talladega Betting Preview
Chris Buescher – RFK Racing
RFK Racing’s Chris Buescher has had an up-and-down playoff, alternating top-five and outside-the-top-ten finishes in the four playoff races in 2023. Buescher is currently third in the Cup Series Standings and finished third during the Spring stop at Daytona.
- Buescher has five top-five finishes in the previous nine races.
- In 16 career races at Talladega, Buescher has one top-five and three top-ten finishes.
- All of Buescher’s top-ten finishes at Talladega have come in the last seven races.
Buescher has a career finishing position of 19.9 at Talladega.
With Ford considered the favorite to win, RFK Racing the best Ford team in 2023, and Buescher having an outstanding season, Buescher needs to avoid losing grip or getting caught in a crash to compete for the win in the dying laps.
Denny Hamlin – Joe Gibbs Racing
Joe Gibbs Racing’s Championship hopes rest on Denny Hamlin, whose strong playoffs continued with a fifth-place finish at Texas.
Hamlin is currently second in the standings – with late-race issues costing him a dominant win and first overall at Darlington – and is a consistent presence in NASCAR Cup Series predictions to finish in the top five.
- Hamlin has three consecutive top-five finishes
- He won the Fall race at Talladega in 2020.
- Hamlin has three top-five finishes in the last seven races at Talladega.
- In 35 career races at Talladega, Hamlin has two wins, ten top-five, and 15 top-ten finishes.
Hamlin has a career finishing position of 16.6 at Talladega but has an average finishing position of 12.0 in the last seven races.
For Denny Hamlin to win this race, he needs to maintain the status quo, with Hamlin taking advantage of each opening until landing on Victory Lane.
Ryan Blaney – Team Penske
It would be NASCAR news for Team Penske to win at Talladega, but Ryan Blaney could use a win for his playoff hopes, with Blaney in 11th place and teammate Joey Logano eliminated in the round of 16. Blaney will look to form from his past to be the winning Ford and beat the Yellawood 500 predictions.
- Blaney won the Fall race at Talladega in 2019.
- In 18 career races at Talladega, Blaney has two wins, five top-five, and seven top-ten finishes.
- Blanety has one win, three top-five, and four top-ten finishes in his last seven races at Talladega.
- Blaney only has one top-ten finish in the 2023 playoffs but finished second in the Spring race at Talladega.
Ryan has an average finishing position of 9.3 at Talladega since February 2020.
Blaney could help his case to win with a strong qualifying performance.
Brad Keselowski – RFK Racing
RFK Racing’s Brad Keselowski is currently seventh in the Cup Series standings but has been among the consistent playoff performers in 2023. Keselowski has an excellent chance of rising in the standings and winning his way into the round of Eight, having a successful history around Talladega.
- Keselowski has four consecutive top-ten finishes.
- He has one win and three top-five finishes in the last seven races at Talladega.
- Among his six career wins at Talladega, Keselowski has won the Fall race twice (2014, 2017).
- Keselowski has six wins, ten top-five, and 14 top-ten finishes at Talladega.
Brad has an average finishing position of 15.3 in 29 career races at Talladega.
Keselowski is the betting favorite and will be among the Ford’s racing to Victory Lane, so it’s simply a matter of getting there first.
William Byron – Hendrick Motorsports
Hendrick Motorsports’ William Byron has won his way into the Round of Eight at Texas and remains atop the NASCAR standings. Byron will be looking to add points to his Round of Eight total and is our favored Chevrolet to win.
- Byron has two top-five and three top-ten finishes in the last seven races at Talladega, finishing seventh in the Spring Race.
- He has five top-ten finishes in the last six races.
Byron has an average finishing position of 12.4 in the previous seven races at Talladega.
The Cup Series leader will be in the mix for back-to-back wins.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
Betonline: Keselowski +1100
MyBookie: Keselowski +1025
BetUS: Keselowski | Logano +1100
NASCAR Cup Series Odds & Picks
Odds for the NASCAR Cup Series YellaWood 500 at Talladega:
Here are the current NASCAR Odds for the five drivers featured as Onlinebettingsports Yellawood 500 predictions for top-five finishes:
|Driver||Odds to Win||Top Three Finish||Top Five Finish|
Onlinebettingsports’ Yellawood 500 predictions have Chris Buescher winning at Talladega and guaranteeing himself a spot in the Round of Eight.
with Justin Allgaier and Cole Custer rounding out the top three in the Andy’s Frozen Custard 300.