We have reached the point of the baseball season when the playoffs have started, and that is when the action really ratchets up. There are eight MLB teams set to be in action on Tuesday night as the Wild Card Series round has begun.
It will be a best-of-three series in each of these MLB matchups, and the Arizona Diamondbacks visit the Milwaukee Brewers in one of these games. Milwaukee is the betting favorite to win this series, and they have also been chosen as the favorite in the series opener.
Here is a look at the Brewers vs. Diamondbacks odds for Game 1 of this Wild Card series.
Top Sportsbooks Odds to Bet on MLB
Overall Game Info & Outlook
- Arizona Diamondbacks vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- The Arizona Diamondbacks made it to the postseason as a Wild Card team in the National League. Arizona finished the regular season by losing four straight games. Milwaukee was able to navigate the MLB schedule to finish on top of the NL Central Division. The Brewers come into this series with momentum after beating the Chicago Cubs in two of three games.
- This game will be played at American Family Field in Milwaukee, Wisconsin.
- First pitch of this game is set to take place at 7:00 PM EST, and the game can be seen on ESPN2.
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Milwaukee Brewers Betting Preview
Arizona Diamondbacks Preview
The Arizona Diamondbacks were not expected to be in the postseason this year, but they were able to overcome some low expectations. Arizona did struggle down the stretch by losing four straight games, but they should be confident in the fact that they got to this position.
The Diamondbacks are going to need to turn things around in a big way, but they were forced to use some of their top pitchers to even be in this position.
- The Diamondbacks come into this game having scored just four three total runs in their last three games.
- Arizona just had three of their last four games in which they allowed three runs or less.
- The Diamondbacks finished the year with a record of 84-78 this season.
Arizona first baseman Christian Walker led the way with 33 home runs and 103 RBIs this season, and he is a big bat in the middle of that lineup. Corbin Carroll hit .285, led the Diamondbacks and set the offensive tone for the team.
Arizona starts Brandon Pfaadt on the mound, who had a tough season at 3-9 with a 5.72 ERA. Pfaadt doesn’t have any real experience pitching at this level, and he is going to struggle in this game.
For Arizona to win, they must score heavily against Corbin Burnes, a tough task in this MLB playoff matchup. This team doesn’t have the pitching to outduel the Brewers, but they can get it done with offense.
Milwaukee Brewers Preview
The Milwaukee Brewers have plenty of recent postseason experience, but they have not been able to win the National League. As expected, Milwaukee clinched a playoff spot by securing the National League Central Division title in the MLB this season.
- Milwaukee comes into this game having won four of their last five games.
- The Brewers have scored at least three runs in all five of those games.
- Milwaukee ended the season with a shutout win, and that is going to be a big key moving forward.
Corbin Burnes will be making the start on Tuesday night, and he went 10-8 with a 3.39 ERA this season. Just like Shohei Ohtani, Burnes is one of the best pitchers in baseball, and he will be looking to shut down the Diamondbacks in this game.
Milwaukee doesn’t have a great lineup, but they are typically a team that can score enough runs when needed. Willy Adames, with 24 homers and 80 RBIs this season, must deliver crucial hits for Arizona in this pivotal game.
The Brewers are comfortable playing in very low-scoring matchups, and they need Burnes to set the tone in this one. Milwaukee also has a great bullpen that can shut opponents down when they need to.
Top Sportsbooks Odds
If you are going to make a bet on this game, then you want to take a close look at the Brewers vs. Diamondbacks odds for this matchup. There are five sportsbooks that always tend to have the best baseball odds, and that is where you should do most of your wagering.
While you won’t typically see a ton of variation in the betting lines that are posted, you always want to shop around to find the best BetOnline odds when betting on baseball.
BetNow: Milwaukee Brewers -180
BetOnline: Milwaukee Brewers -174
BetUs: Milwaukee Brewers -180
Bovada: Milwaukee Brewers -184
MyBookie: Milwaukee Brewers -185
Arizona Diamondbacks vs Milwaukee Brewers Odds & Picks
Odds for this Matchup:
If the Brewers vs. Diamondbacks odds are anything to go by, we should be in for an exciting affair!
The MLB odds for this game suggest that the Milwaukee Brewers should be in control of game one of the series, but things don’t always play out that way. The big advantage that the Brewers have in this game is the fact that the Diamondbacks are a team that is struggling to find some great pitching.
You can look at betting the run line in this matchup, but it’s best to simply go with the easy choice. Back the Milwaukee Brewers on the moneyline at -174 while also taking the under 8.0 runs, as barring any late additions to the MLB injury report, this will be a low-scoring affair.